Our highlights for the 162 release are our new asadmin command recorder, Payara Server's new ability to create uber jars and a new EAR scoped class loader.
The asadmin recorder feature will allow you view the commands you have run from the admin console. These can be used to investigate what the console is really doing or used in automation scripts.
Payara Micro now has --outputUberJar option that allows you to create easily distributed uber-jars from your war files.
EAR Scoped classloader that loads classes from within the EAR providing the ability to override server classes.
Payara Server and Payara Micro can now cluster together enabling new cluster topologies for cloud based and/or containerised deployments!
This section details the newly developed additions to Payara Server.
- 636/PAYARA-603 - Payara Micro Enhancements
- 669/PAYARA-626 - added support for Hazelcast Lite Members
- 687/PAYARA-249 - Payara Micro Maven Deployer
- 697/PAYARA-163 - connection pool checker impl
- 724/PAYARA-201 - Initial working Asadmin Recorder with Admin Console integration
- 777/PAYARA-629 - Disable CDI for an entire deployment in deployment descriptor
- 627 - Invocation Webservice deployed from directory
- 784/PAYARA-685 - Phone Home Service Creation
This section details the modules that have been updated since the last release (22.214.171.124.1).
- Guava 18.0
- Weld 2.3.2.Final
- Tyrus 1.12
- hk2 2.4.0
- Mojarra 2.2.13
- Grizzly 2.3.24
- Hazelcast 3.6.2
This section details the issues marked as enhancements that have been implemented for this release.
- 602/PAYARA-639 - Unique IDs are kept based on the name of the EJB
- 677/PAYARA-593 - Cleanup on Admin Console
- 691/PAYARA-610 - integrated healthcheck with payara micro
- 694/PAYARA-263 - Autobinding port precedence warnings
- 711/PAYARA-576 - Integrate upstream pull request for the 4.1.162 release
- 712/PAYARA-675 - Payara Micro can deploy exploded archive
- 718/PAYARA-745 - Fix isSupportClientInfo in ConnectionHolder40 for old drivers
- 720/PAYARA-676 - Restart cluster asadmin command
- 728/PAYARA-679 - Uber Jar command line option
- 733/PAYARA-743 - Prevent duplicate server respawn when run under supervision
- 738/PAYARA-692 - Remove dependency on Hazelcast
- 739/PAYARA-687 - Implement Hazelcast Cluster Group
- 745/PAYARA-720 - plugin versions upgraded for to be compatible with maven upgrade
- 750/PAYARA-688 - Add ability to pass a system properties file to Payara Micro
- 776/PAYARA-707 - edit of message for tls
- 749/PAYARA-686 - Clean up the help message by indicating whether a command line flag has a parameter or not
- 772/PAYARA-728 - Implement new index page
- 774/PAYARA-672 - add PostgreSQL ejbtimer table creation sql
- 785/PAYARA-390 - allow monitoring of asynchronous methods
- 786/PAYARA-677 - Add support for overriding app server libraries using ScopedEARClassloader on domain level
This section details the issues marked as bugs that have been fixed for this release.
This section details the fixes implemented by the Payara team or community.
- 617/PAYARA-657 - GLASSFISH-21486: EntityManager should not be detached in extended Persistence context
- 637/PAYARA-599 - Remove Boot time OSGI warnings
- 640/PAYARA-658 - GLASSFISH-20818: Pass passwords from passwordfile to commands
- 649/PAYARA-624 - mixed cluster session replication
- 656/PAYARA-594 - Spurious AllPermission warning
- 658/PAYARA-542 - Cannot enable secure ciphers for admin listener
- 659/PAYARA-588 - Excessive logging from the ASURL classloader
- 667 - #505 is not fixed when TxType is REQUIRES_NEW
- 672/PAYARA-631 - rollbacked pax-logging and patched the webservices-osgi again
- 673 - Problems on deployment of OSGi hybrid bundles
- 678/PAYARA-663 - Cannot find resource bundle com.sun.logging.enterprise.resource.corba
- 681/PAYARA-659 - Fix failing transaction recovery when OSGi applications are present
- 682/PAYARA-671 Always perform clean up on application on DAS upon undeployment
- 683/PAYARA-660 - Resolve com.sun.aas.instanceName in JVM arguments
- 686/PAYARA-578 - Payara Blue should use Metro AIX bundle
- 695/PAYARA-637 - Only-1-Health-Check-Service-is-run-if-no-name-is-specified
- 698/PAYARA-661 - empty value for sql-trace-listeners in a connection-pool fails validation
- 699/PAYARA-665/PAYARA-535 - force JarFileFactory to close all cached Jar Files/Undeploy App leaves stale NFS handle behind
- 702/PAYARA-670 - Payara not showing modules for versioned application
- 704/PAYARA-541/PAYARA-663 - Fix resource bundle issues
- 709/PAYARA-606 explicitly set TCCL before attempting Batch repository purge on undeployment
- 716/PAYARA-744 - Fixed logging dependencies of several modules
- 717 - isSupportClientInfo in ConnectionHolder40 is not implemented correctly
- 726/PAYARA-681 - changed gosh command in XML files
- 727/PAYARA-684 - enabled initializing FacesInitializer while using useBundledJsf param
- 729/PAYARA-693 - Payara micro: setting SSL trustStore / keyStore manually
- 734/PAYARA-696 - added default name to connection pool checker
- 735/PAYARA-494 - Help button displays wrong page and pop-up page is fixed
- 740/PAYARA-652 - ensure rootDir option does not override domainCofig option
- 743/PAYARA-636 - setting values for the checker services dynamically is now working correctly
- 752/PAYARA-662 - Set TLSv1.2 as default for the asadmin client
- 757/PAYARA-601 - changed warning note in asenv.conf/asenv.bat
- 761/PAYARA-727 - Fixed GLASSFISH-21536 possible NPE in SQLTraceRecord
- 763/PAYARA-674 - The "Restart Required" screen does not have the warning about restarting when Payara is a service
- 762/PAYARA-717 - invokeMethod now depends on getDeclaredMethod as recursive instead of getMethod
- 766/PAYARA-708 - Admin-console-still-shows-Grizzly-Snoop-option-despite-the-feature-being-removed
- 783/PAYARA-738 - references to weld osgi bundle.jar should be fixed
Known issues can be seen on our GitHub issues page here: https://github.com/payara/Payara/issues